I am a Lecturer in Planning and Sustainable Built Environments and Chair of the Sustainable Built Environments program at the The University of Arizona. My research focuses on policy innovation in planning, including the use of climate science in the planning and design of desert cities for increased urban resilience. I am always open to discuss research collaboration opportunities. If you are a prospective undergraduate or graduate student who like to join our team, refer to the Opportunities page.
- Hot Weather Forecast Warms Up Urban Planning Research story from Arizona Public Media / NPR on our urban heat research.
- For Desert Dwellers, a Life in Balance story from the UofA’s Office of Research, Discovery, and Innovation that includes interviews and information on our urban heat research.
- Interview with the Paradise Valley Community College student newspaper on the Sustainable Built Environments program.
- New course launching in the spring, PLG 408/508 Planning for Urban Resilience.
- Tess Wagner, graduate student in the Master of Landscape Architecture program, joins the team as a Graduate Research Assistant!