Refereed Journal Articles
- Meerow, Sara and Ladd Keith. In Print. Planning for extreme heat: A national survey of U.S. planners. Journal of the American Planning Association. Preprint Available
- Keith, Ladd, Nicole Iroz-Elardo, Erika Austof, Ida Sami*, and Mona Arora. 2021. Extreme Heat at Outdoor COVID-19 Vaccination Sites. Journal of Climate Change and Health. 4(2021), 100043. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joclim.2021.100043
- Keith, Ladd, Sara Meerow, and Tess Wagner*. 2020. Planning for extreme heat: A review. Journal of Extreme Events. 6(3&4), 2050003. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S2345737620500037
- Austhof, Erika, Vjollca Berisha, Ben McMahan, Gigi Owen, Ladd Keith, Matthew Roach, and Heidi E. Brown. 2020. Engaging public health stakeholders in climate and health adaptation. Atmosphere, 11(3), 265. https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos11030265
- Keith, Ladd, Sara Meerow, David M. Hondula, V. Kelly Turner, and James C. Arnott. 2021. Deploy heat officers, policies and metrics. Nature. 598(7879), 29-31. https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-021-02677-2
Manuscripts Under Review
- Brown, Heidi E., Ladd Keith, Valerie Madera-Garcia*, Anissa Taylor, Nicholas M. Ramirez, and Irene Ogata. Under Review. Greening up for mosquitoes: A comparison of green stormwater infrastructure in a semi-arid region.
- Iuliano, Joseph* and Ladd Keith. Under review. Misses and Split Routes: Comparing Rider Behavior, Driver Interaction, and Route Choice for Cyclists in Tucson, AZ.
Works in Progress
- Keith, Ladd and Sara Meerow. Planning for Urban Heat Resilience. (Under contract with the American Planning Association to be published as a Planning Advisory Service Report in 2022)
- Keith, Ladd, C.J. Gabbe, and Erika Lynn Schmidt*. In preparation. Assessing Heat Planning Across the U.S.
- Keith, Ladd and Joseph E. Iuliano*. In preparation. Planning for climate adaptation in the U.S. Southwest.
- Keith, Ladd and Gregg M. Garfin. In preparation. Evaluating how climate action planning is being mainstreamed into comprehensive plans in the U.S. Southwest.
- Keith, Ladd and Andrea K. Gerlak. 2021. There’s no place in the US safe from the heat. The Hill. August 20, 2021.
- Keith, Ladd and Sara Meerow. 2021. Cities must plan for heat resilience now. Thomson Reuters Foundation. July 5, 2021.
- Keith, Ladd and Sara Meerow. 2021. 8 Strategies to Beat the (Extreme) Heat. Planning. Winter 2021, 12-14.
- Keith, Ladd and Sara Meerow. 2021. QuickNotes: Urban Heat Resilience. American Planning Association (APA), Planning Advisory Service (PAS).
- Shumake-Guillemot, Joy (Ed.), Sulfikar Amir, Nausheen Anwar, Julie Arrighi, Stephan Böse-O’Reilly, Matt Brearley, Jamie Cross, Hein Daanen, Francesca de’Donato, Bernd Eggen, Andreas Flouris, Nicola Gerrett, Werner Hagens, Alina Herrmann, Maud Huynen, Hunter Jones, Ladd Keith, Aalok Khandekar, Jason Lee, Rachel Lowe, Franziska Matthies-Wiesler, Marie Morrella, Nathan Morris, Claudia Di Napoi, Anindrya Nastiti, Ian Norton, Lars Nybo, Elspeth Oppermann, Roop Singh, Lesliam Quiros-Alcala, Anouk Roeling, Ana M. Rule, Gerardo Sanchez Martinez, Joris van Loenhout, Peter Van Den Hazel, Kirsten Vanderplanken, and Benjamin Zaitchik. 2020. Protecting Health from Hot Weather during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Global Heat Health Information Network (GHHIN).
- Meadow, Alison M., Jeremy Weiss, Sarah LeRoy, and Ladd Keith. 2020. Climate Profile for the Verde Valley. University of Arizona, Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS).
- Keith, Ladd, Ben McMahan, and Tess Wagner*. 2019. Urban heat island maps and decision- making. University of Arizona, Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS).
- Meadow, Alison M., Jeremy Weiss, Sarah LeRoy, Ladd Keith, Sharon Hausam, Ellu Nasser, Sascha Petersen, Alex Basaraba, and Nyssa Russell. 2019. Climate Profile for the Pueblo of Laguna. University of Arizona, Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS).
- Meadow, Alison M., Sarah LeRoy, Jeremy Weiss, and Ladd Keith. 2019. Climate profile for the Highlands at Dove Mountain. University of Arizona, Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS).
- Meadow, Alison M., Sarah LeRoy, Jeremy Weiss, and Ladd Keith. 2018. Climate profile for the City of Flagstaff, Arizona. University of Arizona, Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS). https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.20826.70083