Creating a sustainable region is a major goal of the planning profession. Learn the challenges and opportunities of planning at a regional scale, from a downtown to the suburbs to protected natural areas. Students will have the opportunity to practice a range of skills and tools needed to address real-world issues facing regions today..
Topics explored through the course include:
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Land Use, Housing, & Transportation
- Sustainable Regions
- Megaregions, Megacities & Megaslums
After completing the course requirements, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexities and issues of regional planning,
- Critically analyze regional planning issues from different perspectives and disciplines,
- Apply communication skills including expressing theories learned through writing and discussions.